Wednesday 16 May 2012

Nigel Barker



Nigel Barker


This image was shot using the half in half out method. I really like the concept that something is hidden under the water, it creates mystery and is individually able to be interpreted. I also like the strong reflection in the water and I do want to create something like this in the photographs I take.


I like the use of a dark background because your eye goes straight to the subject matter in the picture. The reflection is one of the main aspects in the photograph is doubled because of the water, this creates a point of interest.

I am going to experiment with this concept and try to create my own spin on it without using a model. I like this lighting in the photograph and it overall adds to the mystery effect, the water is very still so it looks very glass like. The smoke behind the model creates an infinite background .


I composition is set out very well the focal point is in the centre of the screen but there is interesting subject matter in the background and the reflection, so the picture isn't flat and a depth has been create for the viewers eye to be drawn through.


This picture will be a main focus in my beach and pool sessions as i want to experiment with half in half out.








No comments:

Post a Comment