Sunday 13 May 2012

Evaluation


In this module I have learnt a lot of things when working with water and catching images that create something different. The beach and the pool sessions were very different from themselves and both had their own elements that would be good in different aspects of animation (my subject practice).

The cameras that I used were relatively easy to use, however to create more successful shots I think I could have used the macro feature a lot more to its full potential.

I did try to integrate my animation subject practice into this module, by using rotoscoping and taking some short clips. Due to the short time we have had the course I was unable to fully combine the two as animation is very time consuming and I wouldn't have time to create a rotoscoped film.

From what I have learnt I believe, that to create some emotions and moods in animation, I would in the future use underwater and water based imagery as a strong point of call. I think that this module has shown me what is possible, in something I would never have considered before.

I can integrate what I have learnt here to better my animation and through experimentation with film and animation. The photography side of this module is very interesting but I don’t think it would link with my animation practice as much as the film element.

Overall I have taken new ideas about creating moods and feelings using underwater and water based imagery, and will defiantly use this in the future.  




No comments:

Post a Comment