Friday 2 March 2012

Gustav Klimt Fable



I chose this painting because it’s one of the early works from Gustav Klimt and it is very traditional and reminds me of works like ‘The Birth of Venus’ and ‘Venus and Mars’ I really like the composition of the oil painting with the background being very dark to draw attention to the woman in the centre.  I like that there is other subject matter to look at also. I really like the use and contrast of the colours and the small amounts of colour that picks out details like the fox and the blossoms.

I like the way the woman is very ethereal and the way that the fabric is draped over her. The artist has used oil paints and canvas to create this painting and has used smooth blended colour for the woman in the centre of the painting, and more textured strokes for feathers and fur. The painting is very detailed. The artist was observing the human form and I believe he was trying to communicate the innocence and beauty of women.

No comments:

Post a Comment