Friday 2 March 2012

Gustav Klimt Nuda veritas


I really like this picture all though it is slightly haunting. I like this era of Gustav Klimt’s work because of the use of striking shapes and feminine curves, to compliment the subject matter again like ‘Fable’ the artist has concentrated on the woman by contrasting the colours of white with the dark backgrounds. The artist has used a lot of texture and different colours to create depth and deter from a static picture. I like this because it creates a style that the artist has developed from ‘Fable’ I also like the bright colours and how they have been blended because it creates an interesting painting. The techniques that have been used are again oils on canvas and as I stated before the strokes are very choppy and create something mesmerising. The artist has again been observing the human form of the female. This time I believe the message is still the same of a women’s beauty however it is shown in a different way, with the disturbed expression on the models face and saturated colours. This painting also includes text in the composition with I think is really interesting.

No comments:

Post a Comment