Thursday 22 March 2012

Bitches in Control


I really like the style of graffiti as it’s something different and doesn’t follow the usual graffiti and it’s also very feminine. I like the style of the characters and the vibrant block colours used. I also like it because it is something completely different to my personal style. I like the use of simple shapes to create something that looks very detailed because I always try to create detailed drawing that sometimes look complicated, and then you can appreciate the beauty of that single line.  The techniques that have been used to create these pieces of work are spray paint and other painting methods. The work is very feminine and bold, the strokes that have been used are almost not thought about but they look very good.  The artists were observing urban art, and the female form again but in a different perspective, I believe that they were trying to show the strength of women with a different edge than men.

No comments:

Post a Comment