Friday 30 September 2011

Video Portrait

Today we participated in a group exercise to explore the idea of video portraits. From working with the group today I have found that I can bounce ideas off other people with a positive result. 
We watched an example of a video portrait:
A Family Portrait by Joseph Pierce.
I like the rotoscoping technique and have tried it before, but not in the same effect. I have learnt from this video that you don't always have to make something that looks very 'tidy' to achieve the desired effect and an emotion for a film, especially a short one due to the lack of time to get an emotion across to the audience. However I do like work that looks 'finished' and 'perfect'.


From this I have learnt that I need to explore other techniques in all areas of animation and art not just the ones I am used to. To create emotion it is stronger to portray that visually using lines, colour and effect than through story or actors.  









No comments:

Post a Comment