Tuesday 27 September 2011

The British Art Show

We were given that task to look at different pieces from the British Art Show and determine our favourite, least favourite and the one that reminded us of animation, whether in abstract or direct.


Maaike Schoorel
I liked Maaike Schoorels' work, it is a completely different design than I am used to. It made me look harder and longer at the painting rather than taking a quick glance. I think that it is all too easy to do this. 


I have found simply looking more into a subject matter or painting is very important in drawing and visualisation, these are skills I must develop. I also really like the collection of paintings because they are unusual, and they use simple colours such as black and white, backgrounds with a very small amount of colour to show the general form of the model. 



I have tried this process and have found it to be very difficult. I decided to create the picture using powdered make-up to create the effect rather than paint as I thought it would be harsher and I wanted to recreate the softness in the picture. I have picked out just the main important lines and blocks of colour. I think I have added my own spin on the concept. I used make up to allow me to create a soft texture and to experiment with different mediums. I like the way that in my picture you can interpret the subject matter into the way a viewer wants to.











No comments:

Post a Comment