Thursday 29 September 2011

Caricature Extended

Today I drew another caricature of Jason, but this time I used a process from someone else's sketchbook. I believe that I have created a something that you would associate more with caricatures, however the features could still be enhanced even more. I believe now that I am doing this to eliminate offence that may be cause from the picture because I know people can be sensitive. I will do some more caricatures but perhaps not of people that I personally know, or I am going to do some of myself. 


However I still really like the way that the caricature has been drawn and I will experiment with this more throughout my daily drawings. I really like the technique of a vague outline being drawn first, then a stronger line over the 'right' line. It also allows a clean line with a quick drawing, which is something that I have struggled with for a long time. 


Jason caricature 

No comments:

Post a Comment