Wednesday 28 September 2011

Caricatures

House by Nico Di Mattia
After the introduction to the drawing and visualisation module on Tuesday I decided to look at other examples of caricatures. 


I found this picture and thought it was interesting. It's a caricature of Hugh Laurie as Dr House, it's very realistic in comparison to many other caricatures. I like the way the artist has subtly changed the characteristics rather than making extreme changes.


During the lesson yesterday I also tried my hand at drawing a caricature for the first time. It was done during a small amount of time to evaluate our rapid drawing skills and to see how we would cope under pressure.


As you can see from the drawings below I have enhanced the features slightly, but not enough to call my drawings true caricatures. 


Ben Wheeler Caricature
Jason Godtschalk Caricature





















No comments:

Post a Comment