Thursday 29 September 2011

Drawing Characters

So here goes, we worked on our sketching and character creation briefly, we created new characters by using a game called 'Consequence', I thought this was a good way of creating new characters and will continue to do this process.

We then created character sheets, I enjoyed this also, having not explored drawing in this way before. When sketching I tend to take a long time to sketch detail in all of my pictures, this is good in some cases but I want to explore new ways of drawing. The work that I created was from attempting to draw simply and reduce the static feel by adding smoother, more random lines.  think that I have achieved this but could also improve this even more by 'letting go'.

I also found out from my work that I normalise my pictures, for example the head of my character was very large in comparison to it's body, in my character sheet my character ended up well proportioned. To improve on this in the future I am going to take more time to observe before I sketch to allow me to take on everything that is around and every small detail. I like this exercise and am going to use this again to create some unique characters of my own.



Because of amount of time I spent on perfecting the large character on the sheet I didn't get to outline the characters or facial expressions or 360 angles. I am going to work on this and improve my speed when drawing characters.

No comments:

Post a Comment