Monday 3 October 2011

Creature Comforts

Today we researched into the Creature Comfort series to explore different ways of portraying an interview, to help us with our Young Carers work based project. 


I like the way that they go around to the great British public and interview them about lots of different subjects, also that they don't always let on what they are asking and the audience have to listen and look at the scene to figure that out.


I also like the concept of an animal being used as the interviewee, to portray their personality and emotions at the time of the interview. The voices used in the shorts are the most important things and everything is animated and added to enhance that. I have started to look at ideas to help me with the Foley and sound-scape for the interviews with the young carers. 






When listening to the sounds intently on this video I found that a lot of Foley is used to create the background scene without taking away from the interview. The sounds are subtle but would be missed if they weren't there. There isn't a hugely noticeable sound-scape in the example that I have picked, but they are very important too. I also found that there are lots of different things in the background of the interview to add something else that enhances the responses and the interview responses usually connect with what is happening in the background, or the sounds that are used.


I really like this concept and they way that everything interacts with itself, however I'm not sure that this would be the right idea to portray the young carers, but I will take what I have learnt about the sound and use it in my project.

No comments:

Post a Comment